ISO 45001:2015 defined
ISO 45001:2015. The long awaited, occupational health and safety management system has just been published.
What you need to know:
- ISO 45001:2015 will replace OHSAS 18001.
- Organizations already certified to OHSAS 18001 will have three years to comply with the new ISO 45001:2015 standard.
- A certification of conformity to ISO 45001:2015 is not a requirement of the standard.
- ISO 45001:2015 follows the same high level framework, and is compatible with the new versions of ISO 9001:2015 (quality management) and ISO 14001:2015 (environmental management).
- ISO 45001:2015 uses a simple Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) model, enabling organizations to plan what they need to put in place in order to minimize risk.
The new ISO 45001 will reduce workplace injuries
ISO 45001:2015 is expected to reduce workplace injuries and illnesses around the world.
For any enquiries as to how your company can begin complying with ISO 45001:2015 please do not hesitate to contact us.